Become a local organizer of the Startup Europe Week!
Do you want to promote entrepreneurship in your country?
Read this message by the Startup Europe team, addressed to all the Junior Entrepreneurs and youth organizations, and foster entrepreneurship in your community!
If you wish you to apply, do not forget to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable us to promote your application!
I am writing to you to announce a new, exciting opportunity to increase your visibility in the European entrepreneurship ecosystem and to help startups all over Europe access needed resources and services more easily.
The Startup Europe initiative is coordinating a large series of events throughout Europe in the week of 1-5 February 2016, via locally-organized short meetups that will bring together startup ecosystem players at a regional level: the Startup Europe Week!
We are looking for Local Co-Organizers to organize a 2-hour, no-cost event in their city during that week, and introduce to participants the resources and services that are made available for local entrepreneurs and startups both at the EU level, through the Startup Europe initiative, and at the local level, via the local structure. You can find more details about this call for action at the European Commission web site.
A typical meetup within SEW will be:
- Focused on the regional/local level: giving information on what local or ecosystem players can do for entrepreneurs locally;
- Based on a hands-on approach: the format and the information presented should be as pragmatic as possible;
- A great occasion to network and obtain information local entrepreneurs cannot get from browsing online.
Participants should be at least 20-30, including a high number of entrepreneurs, and a small number of local authorities.
As a Startup Europe Week local leader, you will reap benefits, such as:
- High-level exposure and publicity with both local authorities and the European Commission team;
- Official endorsement for your meetup by the Startup Europe and the European Commission team;
- Working along the Startup Europe initiative and utilising this well-known label for your promotional activities;
- Your profile will be featured at the Startup Europe Week official website and all social channels.
Moreover, the European Commission and the EU Committee of the Regions will fully support your endeavours, for example by providing you with all marketing and dissemination materials, as well as with an easier access to local authorities.
Check the map on the official website of this initiative (http://startupeuropeweek.eu/): team up with the co-organizer in your city or region; or, if this is not covered yet, you may be the next SEW local Co-Organizer!
For your information the Twitter hashtag is #SEweek16 and the Twitter account is @startupeuw. We have also created an event on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/1524944227829793/)
We hope to welcome you aboard this exciting initiative and remain available for any further information.
The Startup Europe Week Team”