Objectives of a Junior Enterprise
- Providing a “learning by doing” experience for students: The concept of Junior Enterprises aims to provide students of higher education with a unique “learning by doing” experience. While still studying at the university, students create and manage their own non-profit SMEs. They offer various consulting services to the market, in relation to their field of study, such as marketing, finance, communication and engineering. Joining or creating a Junior Enterprise provides them with unique learning opportunities not only by working on professional project but also by managing small- to medium- sized enterprises.
- Connecting academic knowledge and the business world: Adding practical experience to their theoretical skills, Junior Entrepreneurs provide businesses with state-of-the-art knowledge from universities.
- Fostering entrepreneurial skills: The Junior Enterprise experience helps to develop new kind of skills, needed in modern economies and societies. Developing self-confidence and experiencing entrepreneurship at an early stage is one of the many opportunities a Junior Enterprise offers. In international partnerships and conferences, Junior Enterprises are entities of multicultural learning and exchange in a conductive and competitive environment.
- Enhancing employability in a local market: Junior Enterprises are self-sustaining and self-developing organizations without little demand for external resources. They usually finance their day to day activities through projects and partnerships with local as well as with international companies. However, in order to succeed they depend on the motivation, the willingness and the commitment of the students. This is why Junior Enterprises usually attract very talented students from various fields of study. Due to this accumulation of talents in one organization, Junior Enterprises can help local companies to search for and employ talented, experienced and motivated students from one single place.
- Improving local economic and social growth: Being students, Junior Entrepreneurs are a direct way to promote universities brands to local companies. A high-developed Junior Enterprise will automatically improve the university’s reputation and recognition and will also help to increase the brand awareness of the university which attracts even more talented students. This is by far not the only local impact of a Junior Enterprise. Since a Junior Enterprise’s services are very requested especially by local SME’s, they help to strongly improve and support the local economy. Given the fact that 21% of former Junior Entrepreneurs start their own company within 3 years after graduation (EU average: 4-8%), Junior Enterprises are an essential motor for innovation and economic growth.
Services offered by our JE’s
A few more concrete examples of consultancy services provided by our Junior Enterprises to companies and other organizations:
– Developing business plans
– Building up marketing strategies
– Doing marketing research
– Consulting engineering projects
Besides these types of consultancy services for others, the Junior Enterprises develop their own projects like:
– Building start-ups
– Organising workshops and conferences
– Organising assessment centers
– Quality management projects
– Knowledge platforms solutions
Diversity being one of our strengths and having 200 Junior Enterprises all over Europe, you can contact the one(s) in the region of your interest and find out more about, even if you are a student interested to join us or if you are a company willing to cooperate with us.